Saturday, July 28, 2012

Crash time

Well I've been a busy beaver the last couple of days as my 15 minutes of fame have come and gone in my Paleo world, Mark's daily Apple http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-aha-moment-when-clarity-happens-and-real-change-begins/#axzz21xovvcL1 posted Amy and I's tell all about the up's and down's of our life and how we got to where we are today. Gratifying yes, frighting, a little, demeaning, a lot. Wonderful people said wonderful things to us, and we got a chance to say things to people like us struggling with weight loss, children with Autism and just getting started in the first place. At the end of the day I lay tucked in bed thinking what a great thing we did and how this experience will cement us in this awesome cult (I call it that occasionally) that grows bigger everyday. But let's get back to that demeaning part....



Holy shit, you looked like that!?? WTF dude, what happened to you,, why did you let that happen?
I don't know. I wrote about it, I explained it to myself and put it on paper, I changed myself to the 'after' pic, but how did I let that happen to myself. I put a pic of myself in the worst shape of my life up for all the world to see, and that was a tough Matza ball to put out there.

I guess we all need a reset at some point, I had a bad accident in '95', I was out of work for 14 months, had to make my leg work again. I didn't want to go back to work, thought about fighting for permanent disability, hang around the house for the rest of my life and feel sorry for myself cause some stupid idiot pulled out in front of me. Buuut, I pulled up my big boy pants and bought a dog, started walking, and when the checks stopped I went back to work.  Reset.

Fat guy. Reset.

I don't know when my next opportunity to fail will come or how it will manifest itself but if there's one thing I'm learning is take it as a lesson, make the frig-gin change and move on cause fat or broken is nothing compared to what alot of people go through everyday. First world problems, that's really what we're talking about here, so I'm climbing off my soapbox (love m' soapbox) and I'll be done with this little chunk of therapy and move on down the blog..... but that pic will always be there, not gonna let that happen again..

Alrighty how bout a pic before we put this little bit of depression away?

We have an event in August this is the salad I put together for it:

Mesculin greens, and micro greens with Herb roasted tomatoes , fresh mozzerella, chopped calamata and green olive, and a Gazpacho shooter, tasted quite good




No comments:

Post a Comment