Thursday, July 19, 2012

So here's the thing,, I'm Paleo all the time, and I'm hungry all the time so food seems to take on a good portion of my day. But as I grow older and I sit here in a cubicle stealing time from my company writing this I listen to the world around me and realize that it's pretty much everyone's priority. And I know that food is social as well as nutritional but it's amazing how much food is talked about around here. Did I mention I'm in the food service industry?
I began my culinary career at 17 years old and I've been doing it all my life, I started as a dishwasher and realized I had a knack for the production end which grew to a college education, oversees cooking experience and capped off by cooking for not 1, not 2, but 3 of our presidents. I've cooked for a host of government officials (not proud of), and a host of celebrities (the only one I was proud of was Ladybird Johnson), so I think I have a soapbox to stand on.
I can cook dammit! I mean I can slurp a sauce and tell you what it needs. I can whip up a dry rub that'l make your BBQ a hit on the cul-de-sac. I can sit and design menus all day and they will be tasty, different, and look great. But I hate, I loathe, I despise doing ingredient sheets, and that has probably kept me from being more successful as a chef my entire career. That being said I am really happy where I'm at right now, calling the shots for a conference center as the front man in the tie, having a chef working under me who puts my recipes to work and dazzles our clients who expect cardboard chicken with packet sauce, and get really damn good food. Now I can jump in the kitchen and play when I want to. So my plan is simple, to show off my food and talent and feel good about myself, and throw a chunk of my mind on the screen when I feel like it (you know, the soapbox) so if you stumble on this blog you might find a friend to agree with, or an asshat you love to hate, don't care cuz I'm all full up on friends. I'll be posting the Paleo dinner "creations" for the most part, just my nightly venture into the fridge to utilize what my lovely bride has brought home from Trader Joe's or Kroger mktplace. I will be glad to tell you how I made it but you're on your own for the specifics, pull up yer big boy pants and experiment, yours might taste better than mine, but I doubt it :)

I also plan on posting my event photos, when I go all out and put out galas and fundraisers so enjoy those as well, your welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment